Friday, January 18, 2013

Oh, Tuscany- Part Two.


We had no plans to go to Pisa, and then all of the sudden, late one evening, there we were.  I'm a pretty compulsive planner when it comes to traveling, but on this trip we focused on being flexible and open to wherever the Italian wind wanted to take us.  So, when we were hopelessly lost trying to find our hostel in Florence one evening, of course the logical thing to do was to get back in the car, forgo Florence altogether, and go in hunt of the famed Tower of Pisa.  


Word to the wise- if you're driving in a foreign country, pay the extra fee and ask for a gps.  I could wallpaper a house with all of the maps I now possess.  Side note, I'm up in the ranks as one of the world's worst navigators.  Of course I was great to take on this trip...

Keeping in mind my awful navigation skills, driving in Pisa was for some reason completely awful.  I cannot even count the amount of times we left and re-entered the city by accident.  You would think a giant leaning tower would be easy to find, right?  No.  After finally locating the famed landmark, we grabbed a snack and hit the sheets.  

The next day we spent quite a while trying to get the right camera angles, which was also difficult.  The tower leans more in person than I ever imagines, but it's really hard to depict that on film.  After walking around a bit, we headed out to our next stop, the Chianti region... 



I had to...


No comments:

Post a Comment