Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sights and Architecture in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

  







For the third part (of four) in my mini-series on Puerto Rico, I wanted to share a few photos of the gorgeous architecture found in and around Old San Juan- the historic district of the island's capital.  

Although the buildings in Puerto Rico borrow from both Spanish architecture and Caribbean color patterns, the city is definitely unique.  As I wandered through the narrow cobblestone streets, I couldn't help but notice the enticing mix of colors, lines, and overall Puerto Rican flair.  

Window gardens adorn a majority of the brightly painted buildings, and interior courtyards filled with palm trees and exotic plants beg to be explored.  Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of the way that most homes seem to be centered around the open garden area, and would love to call one of these Spanish, colonial style homes my own.  Unfortunately, that's going to set me back at least a million dollars- So I guess it's apartment style living for me.... for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment