Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Went to a Rainforest Once.











When I look back at photos of previous travels, part of me smiles at the memories that flood my mind as if it were just yesterday while part of me groans, "How was it that long ago already?"  

Shortly after high-school graduation, my best friend and I reunited (She lives in Canada and I in Tennessee, USA) for a senior trip to Puerto Rico.  Though this island is technically part of the United States (and is even starting to want to become the 51st state), it couldn't be more different than the America I knew.  

Puerto Rico's El Yunque is the only rainforest in the United States and is located in the north eastern corner of the island.  A short drive from the capital, San Juan, El Yunque offers guided and self-guided tours through the gorgeous forest.  With free admission (and just $5 for an hour long guided tour) El Yunque is definitely a must-see for visitors to Puerto Rico.  I only wish that I had given myself more time to explore the countless waterfalls and trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment