Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fried Plantain Oatmeal


Since I’m desperately looking for ways to use my gifted plantains before they go bad, I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone and make fried plantain oatmeal.  Ripe, fried plantains are a Panamanian favorite, and they’re especially delicious when sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar.  This recipe is another super easy way to spice up a basic oatmeal breakfast!

Ingredients
Cinnamon Oatmeal
Ripe Plantain
Cinnamon
Sugar

Fry ripe plantain slices in a hot skillet.  When golden brown, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Place a layer of fried plantains in a bowl, top with cinnamon oatmeal, and then another layer of cinnamon sugar plantains.  

Obviously, this is also great with peanut butter.  Then again, what isn’t?

Another note, less than a week into my oatmeal challenge I faltered.  Since I learned how to make baked oatmeal empanadas, I just haven’t been able to go back to plain ole’ oatmeal, no matter how spiced up and delicious it may be.  I’ll sharpen up my measurements so I can share the recipe on here; after that, you’ll understand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment