Friday, April 26, 2013

Approaching the End

This past Wednesday was our Senior Honors Convocation, and I was so honored to receive the ACBSP (Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs) Student Leadership Award.  As planned, I headed to a faculty dining room to have lunch with my academic advisor before the ceremony, but was incredibly surprised to see who was there to join us- my dad!  As a surprise for me, he had driven all the way from East Tennessee to Pittsburgh the night before so that he could be there to celebrate with me.

Abby and Dad2
Abby and Sadie
Honors Convocation (45)
Abby and Dad


As I had lunch with the two of them and then celebrated with both friends and classmates afterwards, I was overwhelmed by the sense of community and love that are present here at Saint Vincent.  As I walk across the stage to receive my diploma two weeks from tomorrow (how has time gone so fast?!), I will be so proud to become an official alumna of this school and to use and share the skills and virtues I have gained throughout the past four years here.  Here's to making these final two weeks the best they can be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment