Friday, February 8, 2013

A New York Weekend



In addition to the conference, I had a few days to explore New York City this past weekend.  Having only been in the city for a matter of hours before this weekend, it was a great experience.  

For some reason, I never expected to like New York.  Considering that I like so many other large cities and metropolitan areas, I'm really not sure why NYC was shoved so far down on my list, but nonetheless, it was.  Luckily, one of my roommates interned for VH1 in the city this past summer and was a pretty good tour guide for the weekend.  

If you knew me or my friends, it would be no surprise that most of the stops revolved around food.  If we had a little more time (and money...) I'm sure shopping would have been more of a priority, but I'm so glad we got to experience some of the tastes of the city.  To me food is a very big indicator of local culture- even in the United States- and I loved the variety in the Big Apple!  

From frozen hot chocolates at Serendipity 3 and cupcakes from Crumbs to canolis in Little Italy and brunch in Manhattan, we got a pretty good food tour... of the sweets at least.  

I would love to go back to the city and pick up where we left off.  Watching a life taping of SNL is definitely on my to-do list as well!  What recommendations do you have for making the most of NYC?



A peanut butter frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity 3.  These sweets are definitely meant to be shared by at least two people.  





P.S.  Although I don't have any photos, Nice Work if You Can Get It is a great Broadway show, and with student rush tickets for only $37.50, it's a good deal too!  

1 comment:

  1. I loved Nice Work too! And I got to see Matthew Broderick after the show!

    ReplyDelete