Friday, September 28, 2012

One Year Ago


Exactly one year ago today I was boarding the plane which would take me to Madrid, Spain, where I would begin three of the most incredible months of my life.  Although it sounds a little nuts, I couldn't stop thinking about Spain today.  At one point, I even got close to tearing up when I thought about the friends, adopted family, and general way of living that I had left behind.  I thought that studying abroad would "cure" me of my passionate life-long desire to travel, but instead it's inflamed it.  I have the worst case of wanderlust...

Don't get me wrong, I was incredibly glad to be reunited with my family in friends in the good 'ole USA.  This crazy need to travel that I have has absolutely nothing to do with how much I love being with them, but more of an insatiable curiosity about other places and cultures.  

I'll never forget stepping off the plane in Madrid and being so excited I could hardly contain myself.  A year, several thousand photos, and many sweet new friendships later, I'm still so thankful to everyone that supported me along the way and continues to support me despite my constant "When I was in Spain..." ramblings.  

Has any fellow "study-abroader" else ever dealt with similar thoughts?  


Mi familia española: José, Maria, and Martina

No comments:

Post a Comment