Friday, March 14, 2014

The Massy Update


Hey everybody! I know you haven't heard from me before, but since my mom's constantly getting so many questions and comments about me, I figured I'd just go ahead and write for myself.

Things are going pretty good out here in the campo. Mom has had to go out of site a lot for work stuff lately, and I make sure she knows I'll miss her by crying as loud as I possibly can and refusing to stay behind. I really want to go too, but I'm not sure if she understands. To help show her, I always chew through whatever rope or leash she ties me to, and I've also learned how to jump over the downstairs area that I'm oh-so-rudely condemned to when she has to leave. You would've thought she would learn, but since none of that worked, I sneakily followed her all the way to her bus stop and then hid out with a family who lives up there.  She didn't find me for almost a week, and she was so excited to see me again that I think she just might take me along next time.

She also wants me to let you know that she does feed me, the good stuff too! Apparently I'm looking a little slim to those of you back home, but she made me promise to tell you that I do in fact eat a lot. I'm even learning tricks so that I get to eat more treats. When there aren't treats around though, I just don't see the point in doing them.

Like me, my mom also has plenty to eat and has started to exercise more to make up for all the rice our neighbors give her. I like to help by sitting on her tummy when she's doing sit-ups, biting her heels when she runs, and then circling around her feet when she's going too slow. You'd think that she would appreciate my efforts to encourage her, but it doesn't always seem that way.

Speaking of not appreciating my efforts, my mom broke the most awful news to me the other day. We're getting a cat. A cat! She said it's because I don't help get rid of the rats that sometimes wake us up at night, but what does she expect me to do? Eat them?! They're almost as big as me, and I'm sure they'd taste pretty nasty, so no thank you.

Other than that, things have been going pretty good out here. Mom and I go visit people a lot and everybody knows me now. I thought it was funny when people remembered my name and not hers, but it seems like now they all know us both. When we're not visiting, my favorite thing to do is chase the neighboring animals around. We have cows, pigs, and chickens, so that keeps me pretty busy. Sleeping is my other favorite thing. During the day I like to sleep in the sun, and at night I bark until mom lets me under the mosquito net to sleep with her, since I'm sure she'd get too cold without me.


I'm gonna go now though, I need to go bark at the person that's passing our house!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment