Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Madrid, Spain











Madrid was the first stop in my study abroad journey, and had it not been for the jet lag or nerves about the months to come, I'm sure the city and I would have hit it off quite nicely.  Sadly, I don't think I was able to give Madrid the chance it really deserved.  From the countless plazas with restaurants (Which serve sangria on tap!) and performers to the perfectly manicured parks and beautiful white buildings, Madrid really does have a lot to offer.

Next time I'll be sure to plan ahead a little more and scope out more than just the easy spots.  Don't get me wrong, seeing a Spanish castle was super cool; I just wish I had gotten to know more of Madrid than just the tourist spots.   

Have you ever had to leave a city before you ever really got a feel for it?  What are your tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment