Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In Search of the Perfect Job



Generally speaking, I'm a procrastinator.  I wait to do things until I absolutely must, and college has been a big lesson in time management for me.  When it comes to things I'm either incredibly passionate or very nervous about, though, I'm the first one to get it done.  Which has brought me here: the job search with over 6 months to go before I'll actually be graduating.

The problem is, I have high standards.  I want to leave work everyday feeling as though I've really accomplished something for my company, and I want to get more than just money or other tangible benefits.  



My ideal, dream job would...

Allow me to live abroad or travel frequently,
Have a focus on marketing, but allow me to do much more than desk work,
Give me lots of diverse and challenging projects to work on,
Be working with a great team who support and challenge each other,
Empower me to make a difference in people's lives,
Work with products or services that I'm personally passionate about,
And have a great pay and benefits package, since we're being honest here.
This perfect job would be a part of a company that...
Has a strong company vision and set of values,
Acts on those values, specifically when it comes back to giving back to the community,
Has locations or branches around the world,
And is focused on global development and cultural diversity.

Know of any jobs like that?  

No?  Me either... yet.  I have, however, begun to map out a few industries and companies, both profit and not-for-profit,  I think could be a good fit.  I'm thinking something along the lines of study abroad programs, TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), corporate social responsibility, strategic marketing, or travel/tourism management.  Honestly though, I'm open to anything that I could be a good fit for.  


Oh, and I applied for the Peace Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment